Friday 23 September 2011

Are numbers letters?

Driving to school today I noticed a few personalized license plates. They consisted of letters and numbers.  Visually I see the numbers 8, 4 and 2, preceded and followed by letters.  Though I see numbers, I am reading words and sentences.






Professor Antosz has enhanced my appreciation of numbers, and I now look at them in a different light. Numbers have a unique ability to replace letters and even entire words.



The ongoing evolution of numbers has taught me that numbers can be used as tools. They can become letters, words, even people. When I see the personalized license plate of a friend of mine, I am not taking into account the numbers or the letters that make up the plate. Instead I am thinking "There is Jim!" Numbers are incredibly diverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment